Friday, February 25, 2011

Revolution

For obvious reasons, at least I hope it's obvious, I have been thinking, talking, writing about Revolution. 
What is Revolution?
Why do people Revolt?
What is a Revolutionary?
Who are famous Revolutionaries? Are there revolutionaries that aren't famous?
Are there people today revolting that will be revolutionaries tomorrow?

Today, is the comfort of my warm home, with an aging dachshund across my lap, I inundate myself with media trying to suss out these questions.  I imagine, I try to imagine the mindset of, a woman 28 yrs of age in Tripoli on February 25th, 2011. Today. 

I am not, I believe, successful in my imagining.  If I were, I think it would be very hard for me to carry on with me day today.  How would I do my errands? Wash the smelly dog on my lap?  Call my friends and make plans for the evening?  Take a nap? Do my taxes? 
I highly doubt I could do these things with a more active imagination. 

"Wake up and Pay Attention!" I tell myself.  "History is happening right now."

Yet, the dachshund is whining, and we both could use a nice long nap as the rain beats against the house, and the wind barrels through the trees sounding like a runaway truck. 

Providence Peeps:

Head down to the Firehouse 13 tonight and check this out.  It seems apt for this particular day and sounds like it's going to be awesome.

Firehouse 13
Coming Attractions:  
2.25| 8PM | 8. adv | 10.dos
Village Drums of Freedom, AS220 Criss Cross Orchestra & Eastern Medicine Singers


FIREHOUSE NO.13 is a forward thinking urban project appealing to experimental artists and creative innovators. Established in an old firehouse, FH13 is connecting artists, musicians, designers and entrepreneurs 41 Central St, Providence RI 02907


(I'm going to try and be more consistent with my postings for those of you who are actually following.  Consistency has never been my strong suit, it's always seemed a bit too boring.  Don't worry though, I don't think this blog will get boring if I'm more consistent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment