Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Afterglow of Happiness

Travels to London ended up being about old friends, new friends and loads of visual art. 
Surprisingly enough i didn't see any theater.  Just the way things worked out.
No matter though, had an incredible time. 
I now feel reinvigorated for life and art and travel and hope and change and and and and and and.

Today back on the beach near my house and I walked and I sang and I gathered sea glass from the edges of the water and in my mind formed a sea glass creature, a sea glass puppet rather.
I'm thinking clear plastic with sea glass glued upon.  Two hand manipulation.  A hand within the head to manipulate the mouth and upper body movement.  and a hand to work the feet and hands with two rods to the back.  Hmm will have to figure that a bit more.  But I see this human like sea glass creature emerging from the waters to tell the tale of its creation. 

Oh, oh, I come from the crashing and the mashing of the waves.
Broken bottles and the like that you've tossed away.  

A sort of sea shanty tall tale of the how our discarded glass has a life it's own. 

Not a shell, nor a rock nor a snapping crab.
Yet I sparkle and I shine on the shore line you crave. 



Isn't it odd and absolutely wonderful that a person can be so perfectly at home in many places.  Home with friends with love no matter the scenery, the city the sea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment