Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cape Cod Theatre Project, Blood from a Turnip and...a little whiskey

Great Theatre on Cape Cod!  Yeah it can happen and does every Summer on the Cape.
Check out The Cape Cod Theatre Project.  They are physically located at Falmouth Academy, and online on Facebook and at CCTP.  Check out their new season of play readings and like them on Facebook.

Providence Get Ready for another amazing rendition of Blood from a Turnip, RI's longest running (and only), late night puppet salon.  Fri May 20th 10pm at Perishable Theatre www.perishable.org, downtown Prov, 95 Empire Street. Still only $5.  A hilarious and edgy night of short form puppetry in the tradition of the puppet slam.  If you didn't know there was a puppet slam tradition, then don't you think it's about time you checked it out!? Oh, and I'll be hosting this one...

Here's a short bit of something:


Whiskey cures all ills


Mary: I must have caught a bug.
Liz: The flu?
Mary: I dunno, if it is, it’s weak.  I weakened my stystem.  Monday I drank way too much whiskey and ate way too much shephards pie.
Liz: Oh, but it’s Thursday.
Mary: Right I know, hence the bug.  I should have been alright by Tue evening  But this seems to be carrying on.
Liz: Have you drank since?
Mary: No.
Liz: Well that might be the problem. Try a bit of whiskey, might sort you out.
Mary: I dunno, I might, course…
Liz: Course what?
Mary: Course if it does sort me out, then it’s probably not a bug, might be that I’m an alchaolic, right.
Liz: Right.
Mary: So if I don’t have the whiskey and I stay sick, it’s a bug. If I do have a drink and it sorts me out then I’m an alchaloic.
Liz: Yuh.
Mary: Great.  What if I have a drink and it doesn’t sort me out?
Liz: I dunno.
Mary: Right.
(Liz gets the bottle of whiskey and pours Mary a drink, she drinks.)
Liz: How you feel?
Mary: Bout the same. 
(Liz gets another glass, she pours one for each of them, they drink.)
Liz: Now?
Mary: Dunno….Better I guess.
Liz: Right then, like I always said, whiskey cures all ills, even whiskey.
Mary:  You’ve never said that.
Liz: I’m saying it now. Let’s have another, then you go have a lie down while I get things sorted here.
(She pours, they drink.)





No comments:

Post a Comment