Friday, September 16, 2011

Minneapolis/ St. Paul



After being on my own since I left Bangor, ME two plus weeks earlier, it was comforting to see a familiar face upon my arrival in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  A quiet evening with a friend was just what I needed.  The next day we hit the town(s).  St. Paul in the morning with a listening meditation put on by Grace Minnesota.  These people are doing very cool things, a cross between spirituality and dance theater exploration or something of that nature. 
After a relaxing and introspective morning we hit the St. Paul Farmer's Market and had a deliciously buttered ear of corn.  Yummmm.....This was the biggest farmer's market I had ever been to and the prices were more than reasonable. 
In the afternoon we hit the Walker Art Center and enjoyed an afternoon of square dancing on the lawn. 

In the evening Nye's Polonaise, for the most unemotional "Polish" polka playing, and an incredibly unique experience.  Had an incredible time, just wish I could have thought of some songs to request.

A purely Minnesotan day, couldn't have been anywhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment