Saturday, August 20, 2011

Traveling is tiring

Duh.
I am going to need to start a regime of high energy foods if I'm going to make it another 5 weeks.  9 days into my trip and I'm dragging.  Nonetheless. 
I very much enjoyed Quebec City, despite how touristy it is.
Montreal was not for me, far too vast, although I know there is a lot happening there.
Ottawa is quite nice, but just a short visit here just the same. 
Today back into the car and heading to Toronto, a long drive for sure. 
Saw a play last night that was part of the Ottawa fringe festival, it happened to be playing in a very cool arts center just next door to where I was staying.  It will remain nameless only because it was absolutely terrible.  It used tennis as a metaphor for a relationship with your boyfriend/girlfriend and demonstrated this exactly.  It was interminable and didn't have a scene break I could sneak out during.  I also felt bad because there were eight people in the audience and the actors were trying so hard.  Alas, they probably enjoyed themselves though, likely they even thought the script was cute and funny.  Horrendous! 
Ah well, I'm glad to know there is absolutely terrible theatre north of the border as well.  I'm sure it would have done well at the New York Fringe too. 
Alright back into the car for seven hours.
Thank you to my dear, dear friend who gave me several audiobooks.  Thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment